[Ann]: Cobra 4.0 - Windows GUI test automation tool
* Select child row based on tree item, rather than tree
* Fix callback to be registered just once
* Convert all strings to utf-8
* Change port number to listen from command line
* 3.x fixes
* New example added for automating Windows app
John Yingjun Li
Andrew, Rob (LDTP forum)
Major Silence (https://github.com/majorsilence/ldtp2)
Please spread the word and also share your feedback with us (email me).
Cross Platform GUI test automation tool Linux version is LDTP, Windows version is Cobra and Mac version is PyATOM.
* Linux version is known to work on GNOME / KDE (QT >= 4.8) / Java Swing / LibreOffice / Mozilla application on all major Linux distribution
* Windows version is known to work on application written in .NET / C++ / Java / QT on Windows XP SP3 / Vista SP2 / Windows 7 SP1 / Windows 8.
* Mac version is known to work on OS X Snow Leopard /Lion/Mountain Lion/Maverick. Where ever PyATOM runs, LDTP should work on it.
Tests can be written in: Python/Ruby/Perl/Java/C#/Clojure/VB.NET/PowerShell
Download binary (Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8)
System requirement: .NET 3.5, refer README.txt after installation
For detailed information on LDTP framework and latest updates visit
For information on various APIs in LDTP including those added for this release can be got from here
To subscribe to LDTP mailing lists, visit