Announce: Cobra 2.0 - Windows GUI test automation tool
* Java / C# / VB.NET / PowerShell / Ruby are now officially supported LDTP scripting languages other than Python
* Approximately 130 APIs are compatible with Linux version of LDTP
* C# client is compatible with Mono .NET framework and we have tested it on Linux/Mac
* Identify object name based on automation id (window id, as per SilkTest users)
* i18n support
* CPU / Memory logging
* Remote test execution
* List / Tree item API's are added
* Scroll to the element if the respective pattern is enabled
* Added new characters in keyboard input
* Object lookup based on wildcard("?")
* Double click on allowed object's
* Added hyper link widget type under known objects
* onwindowcreate (Java/C# client)
* removecallback (Java/C# client)
* Taskbar is now identified as pane, rather than ukn
* generatemouseevent API now takes the optional argument, compatible with Linux
* Fixed a crash, if the window title has back slash
* Grabing focus on combobox element fails the object selection, removed the respective code
* Ignore special characters while searching object name
* Fix regexp in object lookup
* getcellvalue API now takes the optional argument, compatible with Linux
* Handle task manager menuitem, which worked slightly different than other menu
* Fixed listing sub-menus with a simplified method
* getcellvalue API now as the Linux version
* getchild API now returns appropriate output
* Fixed *window APIs to work with different types of window
* Fixed mouse left click on a text widget
* John Yingjun Li (VMware) have contributed most of the code in this release. I really appreciate all his effort
* VMware colleagues
* Thanks to all others who have reported bugs through forum / email / in-person / IRC
Please spread the word and also share your feedback with us.
Cross Platform GUI Automation tool Linux version is LDTP, Windows version is Cobra and Mac version is PyATOM (Work in progress).
* Linux version is known to work on GNOME / KDE (QT >= 4.8) / Java Swing / LibreOffice / Mozilla application on all major Linux distribution.
* Windows version is known to work on application written in .NET / C++ / Java / QT on Windows XP SP3 / Windows 7 / Windows 8 development version.
* Mac version is currently under development and verified only on OS X Lion. Where ever PyATOM runs, LDTP should work on it.
Download source / binary (Windows XP / Windows 7 / Windows 8)
System requirement: .NET 3.5, refer README.txt after installation
Documentation references: For detailed information on LDTP framework and latest updates visit http://ldtp.freedesktop.org
LDTP API doc / Java doc